Monday, August 6, 2012

What's in my Everyday Makeup Bag?


I was going to start a new series today, and it was going to be a 'What makes me smile Monday' series, but then I realised that they'll be photos that are on my Instagram (are you following me? @ksugars!), so you might not want to really see them twice? Let me know what you think and if I should do the series anyway!

Today, I'm talking beauty! 
This is my everyday makeup routine, I love seeing what other people wear, and sneaking a peak into their makeup bags, so heres mine! 

I'm quite prone to swapping up what's in my makeup bag, but at the moment I'm trying to keep it constant, so that I use up entire products and so that it doesn't end up effecting my skin too badly!

Starting with base:
 Nars Tinted Moisturiser in Finland: I love this stuff! I'm not a fan of heavy makeup and this is light enough to give some coverage but still lets your skin shine through! It's not greasy, a little goes a long way and it's a perfect match colour wise for me! I use my Real Techniques Stippling brush to apply this (the pink one!) and I love it! 

MAC Pro-longwear concealer: This isn't my first preference, I was in a rush one day at MAC and I asked for the Pro-longwear foundation and concealer and instead of getting the MAC select concealer she gave me this. At first I hated it, but now it's not so bad, it does the job of covering blemishes and under eye circles and is the perfect colour match for me!

Clarins pressed powder in Translucent: I use this to set my tinted moisturiser and it's great at eradicating shine! (hello oily skin!) and it doesn't add any extra colour and doesn't look cakey! Double win! I use my Real Techniques Powder brush for this one! 

Nars Blush in Orgasm: I first got this when I'd read everywhere that it suited pretty much every skin colour and that it was many people's go-to blush. At first I really didn't like it that much, so put it to one side and used Nars cream blush in Penny Lane (another favourite!!) I rediscovered this blush one day and love it! Not sure why the change of heart, could have been because I got a better brush (the Mac travel blush brush, not sure if they still stock it, I think it was a limited edition!) which distributes the colour better!

Eyes:
I'm not much of an eyeshadow wearer for everyday, I love using my Urban Decay Naked Palette for night time, but for day I just stick to Mascara and Eye liner!

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink: I apply this with an el cheapo Eco Tools liner brush, it's super dooper fine and super dooper cheap ($7 at Priceline), double win! Love the Eyeliner, stays put for ages and is the blackest of blacks!

Shu Uemura Eyelash curler: The best of the best, love them, will never get another brand! I get mine in duty free, last time I restocked I got a two pack in Bangkok for $25! Woop!

Dior Diorshow Mascara: I've tried millions of mascaras and I keep keep coming back to this one! I think the runner up would probably be Maybelline's The Falsies, heaps cheaper than the Dior, but a tad wetter, which I don't like so much! Diorshow provides me with long and volumised lashes that aren't super clumpy and it's a drier formula which I love! I don't really like wetter formula's because my lashes are so long that if I blink before it's dried, it just gets everywhere! 

Lips:
Lancome Juicy Tubes in Fraise: I have so so many lipglosses and lipsticks it's actually ridiculous, but I love love Juicy Tubes, couldn't find my Fraise one, (my favourite!) so this one shown is in Strawberry Funk!

Makeup bag from MOR!

Hope you all had a lovely lovely weekend!
Not sure about you, but I'm SUPER excited to see all the details of Taylor Sterling's wedding from the weekend! She's the founder of The Glitter Guide! Never heard of it before? Oh, you are welcome! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...